Drill Unit & Handpieces
|| Part Number
|Electric Drill System (Universal)*
|Motor for Drill Unit
|20:1 High Torque Hand Piece
|20:1 Low Torque Hand Piece
*Only the 20:1 High Torque Handpiece (260-028-201) is necessary when using this drill unit.
|20,000 RPM Air Motor*
|Contra-Angle Handpiece Head
*Not required if using an electric unit.
- The 400:1 handpiece has sufficient torque to cut through bone at 50 RPM.
- The 20:1 handpiece is designed to be used with the pilot drill at ~1,100 RPM with external irrigation.
- Irrigation is not necessary at speeds of 50 RPM or lower.
- Failure to observe speed limitation may result in burned or overheated bone which could result in substantial bone necrosis.
- The 20,000 RPM Air Motor attaches to conventional four hole dental tubing and is an alternative to the electric drill unit.
- Air pressure of at least 80 PSI is recommended to drive the air motor with sufficient torque in dense bone.
- Proper maintenance of handpieces is crucial for long term success of handpieces. See reference.
- Do not exceed 132°C (275°F) when sterilizing.
- In order to prevent discoloration and/or damage to the plating of the handpieces from chemicals that are not sufficiently cleaned from other instruments, do not autoclave the handpieces with other instruments.
- Always check the handpiece for any abnormal vibration, heating, noise, or sluggish operation. If any abnormality is noticed, cease the use of the handpiece.